Monday, June 16, 2008

Interesting...very interesting

It's been a while. There's actually been quite a bit going on, but I won't bore you with all the little details. Work's been good. I've about decided that if I get a 9-5 job here in town, then I won't be able to show houses in the daytime, and that would kinda suck since I paid all this money to get this real estate gig. So I had decided that I was going to be completely content with where I'm at, because where I'm at right now is a stepping stone to something greater, and I'm all about greater. Not making me greater (I know...I forget a lot of times), but making others greater and in the process making God greater. At least that's the plan. So, yeah, I had decided all that, that I was going to be content with where I was at the moment and then I check my email. About two years ago I applied for a court reporting instructor position in one of three locations. The three locations were Jacksonville, FL; Orlando, FL, and Denver, CO. I was at a point in my life when I was just ready for something new and wanted to just run far, far away, so I applied for the jobs, never to hear anything again. Today in my email there's a note inviting me to update my resume and application because there's an instructor position open in the Denver, CO school. Of the three locations, Denver is the place I'd rather go. Hmm. The problem was this new quarter starts June 30. So I sent in my updated resume with a sidenote saying that June 30 would really be too soon for me to pack up and move across the country, but I would appreciate being considered for any future positions.

Did I do the right thing? Who knows. I just thought I'd throw the line out and see if God tugged. Is Denver where God is leading me? Heck if I know. All I know is that if it is, I want to be willing and able and open.

So about that able part. I looked at apartments online in the suburb that this school is located in...Westminster, CO. With rent and utilities I'm looking at about 600-700 a month. I'm living free and can barely afford my rent...lol Actually, though, I don't think I'd have a problem with my bills if I had some sort of steady income, as long as it was enough to cover the bills, obviously. So here I am. Ready to try to be perfectly content -- and was actually feeling that way -- and now have something new to consider.

Interesting...very interesting.

I would appreciate any prayers you can think to pray about the situation. God is good, and he'll provide a way if there's to be a way. He'll also block the way if I'm supposed to stay here. Plus, they haven't offered the job, but the thought of a new start somewhere far, far away? That sounds pretty good to me, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice new layout! and interesting doesn't even begin to express that blog! praying with you!! :)

Julie said...

Thanks! I liked the layout, too! Can you imagine me picking up and moving across the country? The thing about it is, I've always been able to imagine it...especially Denver. I loved it so much. The school is in a suburb, Westminster, CO, so it wouldn't be downtown Denver, but close enough! Thanks for the prayers!

NFB in NYC said...

Do it.